Thursday, August 12, 2010

a statement of intent

Hello and thanks for stopping by to check out my new blog. I tried blogging a few years ago but then stopped abruptly in the midst of some personal problems I may have occasion to recount here in the future. In any case, I'm treating this as a catalogue of thoughts and experiences, and even as a diary. There was a time when diaries were private affairs, consisting of conversations one would have with oneself. But this is a new, more exhibitionistic world we're living in these days, and I sometimes find myself getting seduced by the catharsis it seems to promise, even as I simultaneously find those seeking the catharsis repulsive. Perhaps I operate with a double standard. In any case, let's just see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment