Wednesday, October 6, 2010

he did what?


I hate the Phillies and I especially hate their scuzzy douchebag fans, but how can you not love what Roy Halladay did today, throwing the first post-season no hitter since Don Larsen threw a perfect game for the Yankees against the Brooklyn Dodgers in the 1956 World Series? It was his second no no of the year, the first one being the perfect game he threw against the Marlins back in May. I have been watching baseball since the 1973 World Series and I have never seen a more dominating performance than Doc Halladay turned in today. I know the guy's a fucking Mormon, and it's hard for me to overlook something like that, but I love the guy's game. I love the way he comports himself out on the mound, and I love the way he doesn't waste any time. He just gets the ball and throws it. He faced 28 batters today and threw first-pitch strikes to 25 of them. He pounded the strike zone with such uncanny command of his fastball. Carlos Ruiz set the target, and Halladay hit it all day long The Reds were completely off balance. I can't really recall any of their hitters making solid contact. Everything seemed to be weakly hit ground balls in on the hands of the batters. It was a performance for the ages, the kind that reminds you what a great game baseball is. And if you're a player on the Reds, it ain't gonna get any easier. Roy Oswalt goes in Game 2, and Cole Hamels goes in Game 3. Much as it hurts me to say this, I think the Phillies are gonna win it all this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment