Sunday, May 15, 2011

my power pop addiction, no. 25 (97)

The Cars were a big part of my experiences at Camp Greylock, especially during the summer of 1980, which I think was the peak of the band's popularity. ...The owner of the camp had a daughter named Maggie, probably about five years older than me. Maggie was extremely foxy, and she flaunted it knowingly. The memories are a little blurry after all these years later (yeah, right!), but she had dark hair, blue eyes, and an amazing body, especially her bouncy, youthful breasts. You have to understand that when you're a 12-year-old boy, and you already walk around with a boner all day long anyway, and you've been away at an all boys summer camp for weeks on end, you become very sensitive to the female form. When Maggie would show up at the lake wearing her tight red one-piece swim suit with a plunging neckline, a quiet hush would fall over all of us. We didn't know what to do with ourselves. It was like mass paralysis. We'd shoot each other looks and giggle amongst ourselves, but it was nervous laughter that we were all using to cover up the aching each of us had in our loins. I'm not gonna get into beating off because I think I've covered the topic enough for the time being, but suffice it for now to say that jerking off at camp was difficult because there were very few private moments available to the campers. We were almost always with each other in packs. We all found ways to scratch our itches, but doing so proved to be a logistical challenge. ...One of my best friends at camp was a guy named Michael. We were just simpatico on a number of levels. Neither of us were particularly good athletes, but we were both obsessed with comic books and music. We spoke the same emotional language and shared some of our most personal secrets and feelings with each other. We were both overtaken by red hot burning lust whenever Maggie showed up on the scene.

"She makes my dick so fuckin' rock hard," Michael admitted to me.
"Me, too. Those tits are insane. I feel like my dick is gonna rip right through my shorts."
"Can you imagine what it would be like to get a blow job from her?
"Or just to see her naked. I'd give anything."

Which gave us an idea. The two of us conspired one afternoon to follow her back to her bunk after she was done swimming. Everybody knew which bunk she slept in and which guys were coming and going from her quarters after hours. Michael and I followed about 50 yards behind her, barely able to contain our excitement. We snuck around the back of the bunk, hoping to catch a glimpse of her changing out of her swimsuit through the back window. The bunk was built into a hill, pitched at an angle, so that we could stand about ten feet away and see down into her living space. From our vantage point, we saw everything going on in there. She combed her hair and posed for herself in the mirror, but she never took her batching suit off. She just put on a pair of cutoffs and a t-shirt over it. It might even have been a Cars concert t-shirt, one of those black baseball shirts with semi-long white sleeves. And yet, even without seeing any skin, watching her was still so intensely erotic, seeing her without her knowing, and with the possibility that at any moment she could undress and we'd be gazing at her hot teenage body, like some scene out of an early-80s teensploitation film, the kind that used to play after hours on Cinemax and Showtime. Our fertile imaginations could easily fill in the blanks with imagery and scenarios that would probably be much more exciting than the real thing. ...I realize this story is kind of pointless and anticlimactic. I could have made something up, like Maggie saw us, two perverted 12-yr-old peeping Toms, and then invited us in and blew us both, but that wouldn't be believeable, more the phony stuff of Penthouse Forum or Little Girls Blue than anything in real life. I guess I was thinking about the Cars in their time and place, and I began to flash back to the time in my life when I was listening to the Cars a lot, and I remembered the day when the owner's daughter didn't give me everything I wanted but still provided just what I needed...

3 comments:

  1. I think the Cars sound great now. So, there were two singers? I like Ric Ocasek better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cars definitely sound great. I know what you mean about Ric Ocasek, but I like the way Benjamin Orr sneers through his songs. It gives the band a little extra 'tude...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at Greylock in 77 & 78 and remember The Cars well. Oh, and Maggie too. Fascinating how the music can take you right back in time. The people, the smells, the quad, the lakefront... right there in my mind. Nice.

    ReplyDelete