Sunday, September 4, 2011

my power pop addiction, no. 131 (203)

I've never been a huge Plimsouls fan. Peter Case's tortured rock star voice sounds a little too 'authentic' for my taste. But the band had a few nice moments, and their guitars have always been front and center, so I don't wanna completely overlook them, especially in light of yesterday's post on the Nerves. Today's song is about the break up of the Nerves, from Case's perspective, and the Jack in question here is Jack Lee, whom I guess had some emotional problems in the aftermath of the band dissolving. "Since the Nerves broke up all he does is brood." OK, well for some people that first band, like that first love, holds a deeply primal and formative place in the psyche. Jack Lee actually has a very difficult-to-find 1985 solo album I'd like to get my hands on at some point, though obtaining it for less than a small fortune seems only a remote possibility. In any case (no pun intended), here's one from the Plimsouls that I like to hear every now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment