Friday, September 9, 2011

my power pop addiction, no. 136 (208)

Clovis Roblaine is yet another pop lifer from Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plane. Roblaine's stuff is a bit quirky for my taste, but his love for pop definitely comes across with his tuneful, catchy songs and the attention he pays to succinct songcraft. The Clovis Roblaine Story is definitely worth adding to you collection. It's not a record I'll ever fall in love with, but I marvel at the guy's talent and wonder why he's remained such a marginal figure. Seems to me there should be a huge market for this stuff, but then again I've never been a good evaluator of what is and isn't salable in music. Suffice it to say that if the world conformed to my marketing instincts, Clovis Roblaine would be an international pop icon...


No comments:

Post a Comment