Sunday, September 11, 2011

my power pop addiction, no. 138 (210)

Today's song comes from Rockpile's exquisite (and exquisitely titled) album, Seconds of Pleasure. For a long time now, the record's become one of my default options, something I reach for when I can't think of anything else I wanna hear. I'm not a big fan of Rockpile's pub rock stuff, and there's maybe one or three too many of those types of songs on Seconds of Pleasure, but the good pop songs are fantastic and always put me in a great frame of mind. Teacher Teacher, which opens the album, is one of my favorite Rockpile songs. The audio quality from the video of the clip I've posted is suboptimal, but it's not so bad that you won't be marveling at how so much warmth and pop life goodness could possibly be crammed into three minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment