Sunday, March 20, 2011

songs for broken hearts, no. 42


It's raining like a motherfucker here in LA at the moment. There's water leaking through the ceiling of my house. But I'm ok, just as long as I've got me some heavy English music. I've spent the whole day listening to the Yardbirds, Small Faces, and Humble Pie, and I haven't left the house. My cats are so stoked. It's nice to feel so wanted and appreciated ...I think you're gonna really dig this clip from Antonioni's Blow Up. The movie is a bit slow and deliberative, but its depiction of swinging London in the 60s sends my imagination soaring. The color footage of Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page in the Yardbirds is such a great gift. Check out Jimmy's mutton chops! Antonioni definitely had his finger on the pulse of the happening London scene, a scene in which the guitar was the central totemic idol...

No comments:

Post a Comment